MZANGILA WRITING COMPETITION GUIDELINES.
NB: these guidelines are only applicable to participants who have signed up online for the competition.
• To promote young talent in the writing world.
• To provide a platform for the upcoming writers, where they can pitch their creativity.
• To award and motivate top notch writers.
• To nurture, raise and sell raw talent.
• Creative stories of your life happenings aimed at giving some life lessons to our readers.
• A simple story that we can relate with easily without referring to the dictionary every second.
• Use conversational tone in an appealing manner to capture readers’ attention.
• Slang and‘vulgar’ (not too much vulgar) languages are acceptable so long as you provide an Exlaimer to forewarn our readers of disturbing content at the top of the story.
• Only one story is acceptable. If you submit two stories even if identical you will be disqualified. Let us have your best only.
• Grammatical errors may be so normal in blogging, but might be the cause of your downfall.
• Mixing of languages, such as Swahili and local languages (explained in bracket) in order to bring a point home is acceptable. But do not overuse it.
• A story must have 2000+ words for it to be considered.
NB: Your story must be maturely written, nothing less.
Must teach a lesson
• Only 18+ years old will be allowed to take part in the competition.
• Must be a Kenyan citizen.
• Must be in possession of some knowledge about the prevailing social media trends.
Best voted story by our readers. Kshs.5000
This includes the most read story with most comments.
Best voted story by the judges. Kshs. 5,000
Runners-up in both categories-kshs. 3,000
Position three in both categories.-1,000
Monday 18th May 2015-Monday 25th May 2015.
– 4.00 pm Monday 25th May 2015.
Story review week
26th May- 2nd June 2015.
Posting of stories
2nd – 9th June 2015.
– 10th June 2015.
– 14thJune 2015 at 2. Pm at a location that will be decided upon as time goes by.
14th-21st June 2015.
All stories should be submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org . Stories submitted after 4.00 pm will be declined. After submitting your story confirm with 0716503589 through a text message.
FOR THOSE WHO HAD TROUBLE SIGNING UP DUE TO SYSTEM FAILURE AND OTHER PROBLEMS PLEASE CONTACT US 0716503589 BEFORE EMBARKING ON THE MISSION SO THAT WE MAY INCLUDE YOU ON OUR LIST OF PARTICIPANTS.